So what is “Audience Engagement” anyway? TED is all about ideas worth spreading, right? This year, as a TEDxABQ attendee, you’ll not only take in ideas from the thinkers, dreamers, doers, and innovators on stage, you’ll also have the opportunity to experience a plethora of ideas first hand, enabling you to foster connections within your community and turn ideas into action.
On Civic Plaza from 10am-1pm, you can take part in numerous interactive experiences developed and delivered by thought leaders and doers from our community. Interested in dance lessons? Storytelling? Urban planning? Entrepreneurship? Community art projects? Maybe you just want to snuggle with puppies? This is your chance to do just that. Take a step (or two, or ten) outside of your comfort zone and discover just what the Albuquerque area has to offer.
Join us at 10 am to experience:
- Dance styles from across time and space with the Maple Street Dance Community
- An exploration of downtown, urban living with Downtown Albuquerque MainStreet and the 2030 District
- Preparation for the first mission of the Intergalactic Cultural Relations Institute
- Community building with SINC
- The beauty of intergenerational music lessons with Harmonic Body Music Together
- A sculpture garden originally built for the All Kinds Festival
- Animal Humane New Mexico’s guarantee fix for a tough day: puppies!
- A zero waste event brought to you by Knowaste
- Stilt walkers and entertainers from the Albuquerque Aerialist Collective and Danger Carnival
- Hot air ballooning at its best from the Ballooning Bradleys
- Entrepreneurship in action with the Arrowhead Center at NMSU
- Another fabulous community art endeavor with We Are This City
- An hour of storytelling bringing people together led by Backyard Story Night
- The myths and truths of the Albuquerque Rapid Transit project with the City of Albuquerque
- Live screen printed t-shirts with 111 Media Collective
- Demos and lessons from Albuquerque Roller Derby
And many more!
In addition to these experiences, local food trucks will be stationed around Civic Plaza from 10am-1:30-pm to serve you lunch. In years past, lunch has been included in the price of admission; that’s not the case this year, but this change allowed us to keep ticket prices low and offers you the flexibility to choose from a variety of food trucks on your own time and according to your craving in the moment.
Food trucks will include local favorites such as:
- Gauchito Catering
- Irrational Pie
- Kimo’s Hawaiian Barbecue
- Loretta’s Lattes
- Oh Kay Cees BBQ
- Pasion Latin Fusion
- Pop Fizz
- Street Food Institute
- Street Food Wagon
- The Supper Truck
We hope you take advantage of this new, immersive structure, and that you’ll walk away bursting with ideas worth spreading.
Blog written by Danielle Adams.