Every year, TEDxABQ focuses on local people with ideas that inspire, drive change, and change minds. To further our mission of celebrating New Mexico, we are partnering with a variety of local artists who are helping build a unique and beautiful environment for this year’s event.
The stage design every year is brought to life by the TEDxABQ Artist in Residence (AIR). The AIR is a local artist who creates a custom installation for the event’s stage design. This year’s AIR is Max Baptiste, founder of the local non-profit We Are This City. In keeping with his collaborative, community-based approach to the arts, Max will combine an interactive community art project on Civic Plaza on the morning of the event with artwork created live on the Kiva’s stage!
Another way we are keepin’ it local is by collaborating with artists and small businesses to provide our attendees with unique and locally designed swag. Attendees will have the option of one of the six original products from the artists below. We are excited to provide a sneak peek of this year’s swag choices:
- High quality prints of We Are This City artwork printed by A Good Sign
- Handmade half pint cups from Hanselmann Pottery
- Luxurious lotion from Cedar Light New Mexico
- Live screen printed t-shirts by 111 Media Collective
- Handcrafted cutting boards from Foxy Girl Designs
- Bottle openers from metal artist Eric Thelander
We are so grateful to be working with so many talented artists this year! Join us in celebrating our creative community on September 17th!
Blog written by Danielle Adams